Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting Sassy!

Family…the most precious treasure in life. This is one of my favorite photos from my childhood. I’m so thankful that someone took time to make sure a 4 generation photo was taken. Do you take generation photos? I have some of my oldest son with grands and greats within his first 5 years, and none with the second child until he was 14ish. Why don’t we take time to do that when we are together? I really need to make an effort to do it more often!


I just love the soft vintage feel of the Sassafras Lass Sweetly Smitten line. The colors and patterns may not be ideal for the photo, but they remind me of my grandmothers home therefore matching my memories perfectly!




I fussy cut some flowers from pattern paper. Gently bending the petals gave some dimension. I tucked a few small doilies and netting into the bouquet to add to the soft feel of the page.


Thanks for stopping by!!


5 comments:

kim c said...

jodi, this is beautiful. a true expression of what scrapbooking is all about. not only is the photo special, but this page will be treasured for years and generations to come.

ps...i was very fortunate to be a fifth generation and i have one photo. i've got to dig it out since you've inspired me.

Liz said...

This is just stunning I love this paper I have not yet seen it..
What a surprise..
Beautiful work Jodi.

Kay said...

LOVE this layout, Jodi! It's up on the Sass blog today. Thanks for participating in the challenge!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Gorgeous layout. I love how soft it looks and the colors are so mild. Great job.

farmhouse-story said...

your page is so pretty and fits perfectly with your special pic:)