Monday, May 10, 2010

Magnificent Monday!!

You still have a few days left to enter your submission for ScrapFit challenge #19. The only requirement is to use your old stash, nothing new. Easy enough!! Lets see those entries!!

Here are a few more goodies from Life Preservers April Alternate kit! The colors coordinate perfectly with our school colors so I couldn’t help but do at least one sporty page! I wanted to keep the embellishments to a minimum and let the photos speak so I added texture by using a boarder punch, and embossing my matting and stars. The Mesh Cuttlebug emboss folder reminded me of the texture of a basketball. How perfect is that!!


Non kit items: distress ink; cardboard; chain, tag; rubons; boarder punch; distress paint


With only a few small scraps left, I decided to create a couple cards. This card is for my Father-in-laws upcoming birthday/Father’s Day bash.


Non kit items: buttons; floss; rubon; Nestabilities die; distress ink


And another...

non kit items: cardboard; distress ink; distress paint; flourish; pearl; Core'dinations cardstock; marker; eyelets; Cuttlebug emboss folder; Nestabilities die

I created the bird by tracing the negative area of a grungeboard punchout onto a piece of cardboard from a tissue box. After cutting out the bird, I inked the edges with distress inks. Next, I applied a coat of distress paint. The moisture of the paint allowed the ink to bleed into the paint giving a shading affect. Once the paint was dry, I applied a flourish to the wing area and used a pearl for the eye.

I cut the leaves from Core’dinations Cardstock, using my Cricut and Storybook cartridge. I sanded the edges of the leaves, and rubbed a line in the center of the leaves using a Basic Grey sanding tool.



Thanks for stopping!! Have an awesome day!

4 comments:

Lydia Siegel said...

Hello Jodi! Im loving your lo and those cards are beautiful!

Dolores said...

Beautiful layout,love the card with the birdie! I do love the new blog look

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I love your designs this month, Jodi! Congratulations on killing that entire kit, too!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

LOVE your creations... that card is so dreamy, and I'm loving the embossing on those stars!