Monday, February 21, 2011

Marvelous Monday!

Playing along with Cardabilities again! Their sketches are always so inspirational!
Contributing to the masculine feel of the card, I added a layer of cardboard and burlap. Dabbing a smidge of crackle paint here and there on the cardboard presented a bit of rustic feel.



I have a tendency to create a sunset or add snow when conjuring the background for the deer, but I have spring fever and added a few flowers to the grass with dot of stickles! I finished it off with a crinkly bow and rustic metal button.
I’ll be back soon with another layout!!
Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! Such fantastic details. Great work on the image and I love the cardboard, burlap and crackle paint!

patti west said...

What a stunning card! The deer image is beautiful - love the tiny bit of orange. Awesome layering & textures too!! I am a new follower of your wonderful work! :)

Liz said...

OH Jodi as always you make such beautiful cards I love it.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

This is just stunning! Love that beautiful rustic deer and how cool is the burlap with this!!!