Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Creative Scrapbook February Tips


Hello! I'm here with another layout using the February Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.
 
 I want to share a quick fun tip! I love the soft elegant look of doilies added to layouts and cards. The Prima has such beautiful ones printed on their packaging that I just couldn’t resist using it!

After carefully removing the flowers, I cut the packaging apart. Use caution when removing the adhesive, the printed doily will rub off! I left the adhesive on. It really doesn’t show up. The area could easily be covered with an embellishment like a butterfly, button, or heart!
The packaging will cut easily with a hand scissors.
I used one of the cut doilies in creating a card!
One more great way to extend the goodies in your kit…It is to beautiful to throw away!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure there is any part of this layout that's not flawless! The colors... The chevron pattern... The clusters... The stitching... The borders... The 'doilies'... And don't even get me started on that uber cute baby face at the center of it all. Consider this one pinned to my inspiration board! :)

Lizzyc said...

These are beautiful.. your cards are lovely, and your layout is gorgeous.. and I had wondered about using the backing of flowers etc.. I have had trouble getting the sticky bits off them too.. perhaps I should just leave them on!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Really gorgeous work gf!!! Loving your tip about using the packaging -- your watchful eye never misses an opportunity to find something gorgeous!

Awesome cards too!!!