Monday, March 11, 2013

Masking Tutorial

Hello! I’m here with another layout featuring the Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.
I have a stash of mists but I’ve found them to be a bit intimidating…I decided it was time to dig them out and play with the mask from the kit! I really love how this turned out! Here is how I did it.
I started with an old piece of 12x12 cardstock and a plate.
After deciding where I wanted the circle on my layout, I positioned the plate in that spot and cut around it with my craft knife. 
 Setting the circle aside for future use, I lined my cardstock on top of my background paper so I could use the circle relief with my mask. Be sure both sheets of cardstock line up perfectly so you don’t have overspray on your background! Place the mask over the circle and spray with your mists. 
  I chose to use three colors (blue, pink, and yellow) that blended well with the kit papers. Because the mask was smaller than my circle, I ended up moving and spraying three times, being cautious so not to spray over the done areas. Tada!!
 Because my mask was smaller than the misted area, it left lines from the edge of the mask. Not to worry! The line can be easily covered with the photo and embellishments!
The lace flowers were created using the grogeous lace from the kit. 
Using needle and thread, I ran a blanket stitch through the top of the lace, pulling the lace tight as I went.
  Once I had gathered enough lace to form my flower, I tied a knot in the thread. In this particular lace, four scallops is enough to create a flower, but I liked the dainty look of 5 better. 
  Using my craft glue, I adhered the gathered ends of the lace together. The flower center is an asterisks from the Thickers included in the kit.
I would love for you to share your version! 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

cute lace flower, jodi! and your studio is fabulous! you are so organized!

JAVAGIRL said...

This is absoutely gorgeous...
As always.. blown away..
Hugs lady... I miss ya....
I've been crazy busy at work
have hardly had time for much.