Saturday, January 11, 2014

Detail Delight

Hello!  When decorating your home, you chose just the right accessories to compliment your eye giving your home a warm welcoming feeling.  When dressing up, you chose the accessories that compliment your outfit giving the sexy appeal you feel.   The same happens in choosing just the right embellishments (or accessories) to compliment your page.  Any way you look at it, it's all in the details you add. In working with kits from My Creative Scrapbook,  Pam fills the kits with oodles of coordinating embellishments.  I want to share with you today the difference just a few details can make. 
My first layout. 
 I started by adding a textured background, some stitching, and a few embellishments to my layout...looks good as is.
 By adding just a few more details, it  created a whole new look!
 
I've photographed my second layout in three stages.  A textured background, a few layers, and a couple flowers.
Already a big change in appearance by adding not only a few more embellishments, but by adding embellishments with a complimentary color! 
 
And finally, just a few small details make a big impact!
 
And lastly...
 a few small embellishments make it feel more complete!
 
For more fabulous inspiration and tutorials, head to My Creative Scrapbook Blog.  You can check this kit, and many more at My Creative Scrapbook.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

Christy said...

This is totally awesome. I always struggle with where to stop embellishing. It always feels like not enough until the second that I realize it's way too much.