Monday, June 20, 2011

Heartstrings

Aren’t these photos of my nieces hubby and baby just precious?! No doubt a daddy that love his little girl! I left the journaling card and date blank for my niece to fill in with her own loving memories and words. Nuts About Sketches #166 reveal. I used the right page and flipped it. You can find the sketch here. All pattern papers, stickers, buttons, and rubons are from October Afternoon; bling - Imaginisce; bakers twine - the Twinery; punches - Martha Stewart/EK Success.
I love how the border punches add pizzazz and pop to the layout and yet can be so subtle that you hardly notice them. Some of the other details include lots of stitching, stickers layered with various depths of foam adhesive, bling to the center of the flower, and a rubon in the corner of the photo.

I cut the heart from felt and applied the rubon directly to the felt. I don’t think I would try this with rubons from certain companies, but I’ve always had great luck with the rubons from October Afternoon and once again, it applied super slick!! “The Good Stuff” scallop circle and “priceless” tag are also October Afternoon rubons that I applied to pattern paper and hand cut to embellish the layout.


I wove the bakers twine through my sticker letters for a fun twist to my title!


A close up of some of the stickers layered and a little bling added to the end of the ducks string.



Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

wonderful pics and the page you've created for them is simply darling, jodi! love the twine weaving around the cute page title!