Monday, June 13, 2011

Nuts About Sketches #165 and some Hybrid fun!!

It has been so cold and gloomy here for so long. I am ready for some fun in the summer sun! I decided since the sun refuses to peek through I would pull some of Echo Parks fun color popping papers to brighten my world! Nuts About Sketches reveal #165
I tucked the bottom of the sun under the photo, yet adhered the top of the sun with a pop dot. I also added some stitching and stickles to the sun for texture and a bit of sparkle! I layered small stickers over the large corrugated letters for a fun twist to the title.
I stepped outside my comfort zone and purchased the Echo Park Hybrid Summer Days Elements #1 package from Jessica Sprauge. I have never tried hybrid before. I really wanted some of the cute stickers and chipboard pieces but they were not available at my LSS so I decided to take the plunge and discovered a whole new world! I have a habit of “saving” stickers/chipboard pieces for “just the right thing” but was freed from that feeling to not only use what I wanted, but to be able to print it in the size I wanted!! The green scallop border, as well as all the embellishments on this layout are hybrid! …except for the obvious buttons, bling, bakers twine, and corrugated letters
I added some stickles and bling to the elements for a bit of summer fun and sparkle, then attached them various depths of foam dots for depth and texture.
Thanks for stopping by!






4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

such a happy page, jodi! cute baby girl:)

buglvr2010 said...

Great layout! I love the polka dots and the bright colors!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Hello, Awesomesauce? Yeah, take a look at Jodi.. she's rockin' the HYBRID baby!! I totally love this gf.. absolutely fabulous!

Sabr said...

such a fun layout! I adore the little buttons up top!!