Sunday, February 12, 2012

Shaping Up

Hello! I'm here today, switching things up a bit with a mixture of shapes for Cheery Lynn Designs!

I started by cutting layers of Stackers Nesting Dies - Coved Rectangle Classic and Silver Stacker Coved Rectangle Classic out of Core’dinations cardstock….love that stuff! By choosing a Black/yellow combo cardstock, and lightly sanding the edges before adhering the layers, I was able to create a more distressed masculine feel to the card. After cutting the ducks with layers of Stackers Nesting Dies - French Flair-Scalloped and Silver Stacker Layers French Flair Classic, I backed them with the Dutch Scallop Square Frame. Although the frame is has a lacy cut, by cutting it in the brown it makes the duck layers pop and doesn’t feel feminine at all, don’t you think?!


For a little extra fun and texture, I embossed the top 2/3 of the tag with the Burble/Cheese Cloth Embossing Plate. I left the sentiment portion of the tag flat.

Dies used:

There are more fun, gorgeous new releases coming this week! Watch for our posting on the 15th with special projects from the design team! 

Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

really awesome work with the dies, jodi! great guy card:)

Cheryl said...

Oh wow - this is stunning! I love all the dimension. Great use of dies.


~Cheryl~
**Check out my February Blog Candy**

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

This is so fabulous! Love the mix of dies that you used and how you made a square doily look masculine!!!

Wonderful card and I have GOT to get some of those vines and flourishes!!! Happy Valentine's Day to you!