Hello! Toda I want to share a banner I created for the Cheery Lynn Designs booth at CHA. To make sure that you are able to see all the details as well as the dies used, there are a few photos. If you bare with me, I promise it will be worth your while! Remember, you can click on any photo to enlarge it.
The base of each section was created by cutting the English Tea Party Doily in half and covering the center of the doily with a scallop circle from the Stackers Nesting Dies-Circles Scalloped.
I began the “S” section, by adhering the large heart from Two of Hearts using foam adhesive. A Large Rose along with leaves from Small Dimensional Leaves #2 and Stackers Flowers #1 adorn the heart. To the side I added Olive Branches, embossing the leaves.
The “W” is backed with Stackers Nesting Dies Circle Scallop, atop the center part of the Nautical Wheeler Doily…two gorgeous doilies in one die! An Exotic Butterfly Mini garnishes the lot. Notice the little rose buds?! I created them by using only two or three diecuts from the Miniature Rose.
For the first “E,” I used the center of the Polynesian Sails Oval (again, two beautiful dies in one!) topped with a scalloped circle. Another butterfly from Exotic Butterfly Mini embellishes the grouping, but this one is embossed with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing ink and Distress Embossing Powder to give it a different look and unique, aged texture. The flower was created using two staggered layers of Cuties #2.
Again, I adhered a large heart as the backgound for the second “E.” To create the key, I cut Heart Key out of cardboard from a cereal box. Yes! The dies will easily cut through the box!! Custom made chipboard…cheap and effective! You gotta love that!! I brushed a combination of Ranger Distress Paints across the key. Once dried, I rubbed it with Distress Ink to bring out the crackle and give more of an antique feel. The flower is from Miniature Rose.
And finally, the “T” is backed with the center of the Polynesian Sails Oval and a scalloped circle propped atop a section of the Victorian Picket Fence. I used two staggered layers of Cuties #3 to create the flower The bud was created using two layers of diecuts from the Miniature Rose. Leaves from Large Dimensional Leaves #2, as well as Stacker Flower #1, and Olive Branches provide foliage.
That concludes our journey along the banner! Thank you for sticking with me today and have a super SWEET week!!