Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another crazy scrappy week!

Can you believe it is the 1st of September all ready?! Where did August go!! Oh ya! I was scrappin’ away!! I did 10 layouts and 2 cards! I am such a slow scrapper that it has to be a record for me!

September 1st means there is a new challenge posted on http://www.scrapfit.blogspot.com/ today! Pop on over and see what my teammates have created.

Here is your challenge...
Follow this routine to a T
1. use 3 patterned papers
2: use 1 solid cardstock
3: hide your journaling
4: use at least 2 photos
5: use at least 1 star in your LO
6: use at least 2 different ribbons



I had to try out my new Herringbone emboss folder. Love that one!! It is perfect for all my masculine pages.



Last night was the deadline for round #4 on my TS contest. I made it in under the wire with two minutes to spare!! Whew ! My heart was pounding! That is way to close for my comfort! Hurry up and wait! We will find out this afternoon/evening who moves on and who’s been eliminated. Cross your fingers for me!



Layout must include:
- one picture only
- at least 3 leaves (can be an embellishment, stamped, handmade, cut from paper, real leaves etc)
- stitching - machine or hand stitching (no stamps, rubons or stickers)
- some recycled piece of packaging - plastic, hang tag, price tag, cardboard, etc. (describe in your description if it's not evident what you used)
- journaling of at least 50 words including "I am not willing to..."

Journaling reads:
What?! Two boys and no girls?! I love kids, and I always looked forward to my
babysitting jobs. I was ready to be a mom. I really didn’t care if my babies were boys or girls, be it dresses, dollies, and pigtails or dirt, trucks, and frogs. But nothing in this world could have prepared me for the two of you! The unimaginable that the two of would think of! The dangerously crazy things you‘ve done! Behind all of the extreme boyishness, you are both so sweetly sincere, over protective of your family and friends, and all around fun loving. All this time I thought it was me who was to be your teacher, and guide you into life. But in time, I can see that you have taught me so much more, and expanded my world to a place that I never would have explored on my own. It is a good thing that you gave me time to learn and to adjust a bit at a time. I have even learned to appreciate your worlds of gun infatuation, military, and tattoos, 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, and paintballs! There is definitely no girliness in my world. No pink dancing princess with pigtails. No glitz, glamour, and bling. But I’m not willing to trade one minute of my life with you in exchange for a daughter!

I stitched the grid background.



From the photo I used :
Mt Dew bottle - leaves (I cut leaf shapes from the plastic and melted them with a heat gun to form a little texture
Orange pop case - leaves
Manila envelope - leaves (wet, scrunched, and inked)
Unionbay tag - leaves
Urban Pipline tag - I used the string for the apple stems
Prima packaging - the layer around the photo
Hollister shopping bag - leaves , burgundy layer (inside of bag), journaling strips (outside of bag)and basket ( I unraveled the handle and used the burgundy layer for leaves, and the kraft layer to weave the basket)
Another tag was used to make the strip and handles on the basket, but I don’t remember the brand name




Whew! Not only did I make it through another week in our BSH contest at Lifepreservers, I won a prize!! Wohoo! $10 off a future order. It’s a good thing to because Von has some awesome kits coming up in October. I finally had it narrowed down to two but really couldn’t make up my mind. Now I will just get them both! My challenge for the week is to scrap some recycling! Think I have that one mastered now!! He he I am off to dig in the recycling bin to see what else I can find!!

5 comments:

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Jodi love what you did for WO #3--that papers are fabulous!!! Awesome Stuff!!!

Lydia Siegel said...

Love the lo! I also like how you did the stitching and those little apples :)!

Unknown said...

Love your work Jodi! Awesome stitching! /Hugs Pia

Heather Plank said...

Jodi - I love your scrap style girl! You tocked Workout #3 and the rest of your layouts are just awesome. Good lick with your contests! I'm sure you'll win at least one if not both...

Heather Plank said...

Hee hee - that should read "ROCKED" not Tocked. ooooppps!